Kiawah Island Golf Resort home the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiawah Island Golf Resort home the USA

My husband, our 2.5-year-old son, and I would like to spend a week or so in Scottsdale next month. I am torn between the Fairmont, Hyatt, and Westin. Priorities are great pool area, luxury room, and grounds, beautiful views, and a toddler splash pool would be a bonus! Which of these resorts is the most updated/luxury with the best pool areas? Thank you in advance for your help!

First off, one my consistent suggestions is to go to the page here on TA for each of your choices and look at Traveler Photos off to the right side. This gives a great insight for locations to have never visited. These are both the good and the bad, and give you a clear picture if it appeals to you.

Comment

So, first the Hyatt. Very classic resort, large pool area that was fairly recently renovated. But, except for the beach access area, there is really nothing about this pool to cater to your son. The water slide (one only) requires him to be 42" tall, and there is no toddler pool or area. The rest of the pool is very hard and cold. They do have Camp Hyatt, but children must be at least 3. As far rooms and luxury, this just doesn't compare to either of the other two you are looking at. And based on it's location, view is not really a feature, other than the grounds themselves. And honestly unless you find a killer deal, with all of the other great options in the Valley of the Sun, the Hyatt rarely shows up on my list of recommendations.

Comment

The Fairmont Princess is a beautiful property, and was renovated a few years back. It has one of the best spas in the valley, and a large pool complex that is much "softer" (trees, landscape) than the Hyatt. It also has two waterslides. Unfortunately, the arrangement is exactly the same as the Hyatt. No specific toddler pool or area, just a "zero entry deck area". They do have a sandbox, but that's about it. Their Trailblazers kid's club starts at age 5. So, very little for your son. On the other hand, room and amenity wise for you, this is probably the best of the three. As I said, they renovated the rooms a few years back (but some are saying they are already showing some wear), the grounds are beautiful, dining is diverse, with La Hacienda being a very well respected Mexican food offering. And with the size of the property, the views are above average. So, a very nice 4 star resort, great spa, but doesn't really cater to your son's age group.

Comment

They are constantly updating and get very consistent reviews on the views, upkeep, and overall feel of their property. Though it is the most "in town" location of the three, because of the size of this resort and the extensive landscaping, travellers constantly comment on the view. Great spa, good dining options. And one of the things you also get here is the proximity to shopping and additional dining within walking distance that you won't get with the others. Kierland Commons is right next door, and one of our favorite spots The Quarter is across the street, lots of great dining, TJ's Urban Tavern is near the top of our list, and lots of shops your son will love, especially the candy store.

Comment

Westin Kierland, they offer several activities aimed at children including a partnership with the local Zoo. Their pool area is one of the most extensive in town, with a shallow pool, beach access, a children's play area, and one of the few lazy rivers. Plus lots of trees and landscaping make this an incredible pool area. Definitely the best of your three choices, hands down. Rooms and grounds here are very nice, not necessarily "luxury" because they definitely cater to families, but very well done.

Comment

Our luxurious seven-bedroom, five-and-a-half bath home comfortably accommodates 23 guests within its spacious 6,030 sq ft. Tucked off the back of a quiet cul-de-sac in far North Scottsdale, Whisper Trail Resort home offers relaxation, recreation, and homey comfort. Recreation is a highlight of our estate! The lower level includes a game room featuring regulation-size pool/billiards and/or ping-pong table, bar area, chessboard, and family games, plus a flat-screen TV. Relish the magic of a desert night swim in the 42' pool or unwind in the bubbling hot tub under the stars!

Comment

Working...
              X